The Email Alert Transaction Monitors will send an email to a specified address with error details when an exception occurs. To configure the Email Alert Transaction Monitor, click the Add Transaction Monitor button.
Select Email Alert from the Transaction Monitor type drop-down. Give the Transaction Monitor a Name. Here we left the default. Click the Add button.
The Email Alert Transaction Monitor will appear in the Transaction Monitor grid.
In the Basic tab, enter the name of the SNMP Mail Server to use in the Server configuration item. Next, add the address from which the email should come. Also, enter the email address of the individual or email list that should receive this in the case of an exception. Finally, enter a Reply-To, CC, BCC or Subject line if desired. Once this is configured, you can send a Test Email; however, you will need to configure the Credentials first.
In the Credentials tab panel, enter a User name and Password if the server requires SMTP Authentication.
On the Advanced tab, you can modify the Port of the SNMP Server and choose whether or not you would like to put the data in the body of an email or an attachment. You can also select the MIME type of the desired output message. Also, you can enable SSL protocol and Start TLS session properties. When the data is to be placed in an attachment, you can also specify the name of that attachment.
On the Security tab, you can specify:
- Encrypt Message – encrypt the message or not
- Find Certificate By Email – find the certificate by the domain name of the recipient’s email
- Public S/MIME Certificate – public S/MIME certificate for encryption. Note that network paths are not evaluated in the eiConsole
- Sign Message – sign the message or not
- Private Keystore (.p12) file – path to keystore with .p12 certificate. Note that network paths are not evaluated in the eiConsole
- Private Key Name – private key name
- Password for Private Key – password for the private key