Using the eiPlatform REST API
The eiPlatform includes a REST API. This API contains methods for monitoring and configuring a running eiPlatform.
The REST API is configured in two text configuration files in the eiPlatform installation directory:
- eas.conf – Located in the top-level folder of the eiPlatform installation. It contains general settings for the eiPlatform Windows service.
- com.pilotfish.eas.port – sets the port number that the eiPlatform and the REST API are running on.
- If the eiPlatform was installed as a WAR file, refer to the application container’s documentation on setting the port number.
- eipServer.conf – If the eiPlatform was installed in the default directory, this file will be located at C:\Program Files\PilotFish Technology\eiPlatform Windows\server\eip\eipServer.conf.
- com.pilotfish.eip.dashboard.User – Set this to the username for the REST API.
- com.pilotfish.eip.dashboard.Password – Set this to the password for the REST API.
- The eiDashboard can be used to create additional users with restricted permissions.
Connecting to the REST API
To determine the REST API URL, you must first determine the URL for the eiPlatform. For default Windows installations running on port 8443, the eiPlatform URL is http://localhost:8443/. For eiPlatform WAR file installs, the URL is usually http://localhost:8080/eip/. To verify the eiPlatform URL, open it in a web browser and confirm that the following page is displayed.
The eiPlatform REST API URL is the eiPlatform URL plus “/eip-rest”. So if the eiPlatform is at http://localhost:8443, then the REST API is at http://localhost:8443/eip-rest/. In addition, there is API documentation included at “/eip-rest/application.html”.
The REST API can be accessed programmatically or through freely available tools like Postman.