Enabling SSL Support
The eiPlatform supports connections over HTTPS, although the behavior is off by default. The configuration settings required to enable HTTPS are in the eas.conf file, located in the eiPlatform installation directory. This tutorial will describe the various settings required to enable SSL support.
- com.pilotfish.eas.client.authentication.need: Set to true if client authentication is required.
- com.pilotfish.eas.key.password: The password for the KeyStore.
- com.pilotfish.eas.key.store: The file path to the KeyStore.
- com.pilotfish.eas.protocol: The HTTP protocol to use. If left blank it will default to HTTP. Setting to ‘SSL’ will enable SSL at the default port 8443. Setting to ‘Dual’ will enable dual mode, in which HTTP connections are available at the default port (8443), while SSL connections are available at port 443.
- com.pilotfish.eas.trust.password: The password for the TrustStore.
- com.pilotfish.eas.trust.store: The file path to the TrustStore.
- com.pilotfish.eas.port: The port to use for Web connections to the eiPlatform. Defaults to 8443.
- com.pilotfish.eas.trust.type: The type of TrustStore that is being supplied. Valid options are PKCS12, JKS, and JCEKS. Defaults to PKCS12, corresponding to files with a .p12 extension.
- com.pilotfish.eas.key.type: The type of TrustStore that is being supplied. Valid options are PKCS12, JKS, and JCEKS. Defaults to PKCS12, corresponding to files with a .p12 extension.