Modes of Operation
The eiDashboard has three modes of operation, each with varying levels of functionality and information detail. This page highlights each mode and describes some of the additional features available. Links for installing and configuring each mode are also provided in each section.
Basic Statistics Mode
Basic Statistics Mode is the default mode of transaction logging enabled on eiPlatform installation. It is primarily geared towards users who would like to monitor general eiPlatform health and configuration without the need to view individual Transactions or when eiPlatform performance is most important. The list below highlights some of the functionalities available in this mode:
- In Basic Statistics Mode, the full range of configuration options are available to eiPlatform administrators – including the ability to hot deploy, enable/disable Routes and Interfaces and edit configuration settings for individual components directly.
- eiPlatform health rules are available and any components that violate those rules can be easily identified.
- System logging and eiPlatform runtime statistics are accessible and configurable.
- Transaction throughput statistics are on display, thus allowing administrators to quickly locate bottlenecks and points of failure.
Installation instructions for the core eiDashboard (which includes Basic Statistics Mode) are available here.
Transaction Logging Mode
Transaction Logging Mode contains all the functionality of Basic Statistics Mode, but greatly improves the granularity of the transaction information available in the eiDashboard. Stage and event information is collected and catalogued as each transaction is processed, thus giving users the ability to view how individual transactions flow through the eiPlatform. Transaction Logging Mode is intended for those who have a need to track or troubleshoot individual transactions and events. Some of the added features in this mode include:
- The ability to persist and retrieve information on transactions to the deepest level possible. Transaction data for individual stage events can be viewed and filtered, allowing for quick debugging when errors occur.
- Custom report creation and export, allowing common transaction searches to be saved for easy reuse.
- Viewing transaction data and attributes for individual transaction events.
Instructions for installing and configuring Transaction Logging Mode can be found here.
Enterprise Mode, or EIP Instance Mode, allows for a given eiDashboard to oversee multiple eiPlatform instances with ease. It is intended for infrastructures with multiple eiPlatforms running and the ability to manage them quickly and effectively. Some of the added functionalities in this mode include:
- Separation of eiDashboard and eiPlatform user authentication, thus allowing for greater flexibility in assigning permissions and managing users.
- The ability to define a subset of eiPlatform instances visible for the user to connect to.
- Displaying multiple eiPlatform instances in one central place. From the EIP Instances page, eiPlatforms’ current state and high-level transaction information are displayed.
Instructions for installing and configuration Enterprise Mode are available here.