Configuring the eiPlatform to Auto Clean Up Old Log Files
By default the eiPlatform’s logging configuration will create a new log file each day and will not delete old files. However, the eiPlatform can be configured to clean up old log files. To do that, you will need to edit the logConfig.xml file as shown below
- Open the logConfig.xml file from the eiPlatform installation directory
- On line 6, change the appender class from “org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender” to “com.pilotfish.utils.log4j.CustomDailyRollingFileAppender”.
- Add the following two lines after line 6:
- Change the maxBackupIndex value if desired. This is the maximum number of log files that will be retained. For example, if it is “10”, then the current day’s eip.log file plus 9 previous days log files will be retained. Older log files will be automatically deleted.
- Your logConfig.xml file should look similar to the screenshot below.
- Restart the eiPlatform service for this change to take effect.
<!– Maximum number of log files. Older log files will be deleted. –>
<param name=”maxBackupIndex” value=”10″/>
Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions that you may have.