The eiConsole and eiPlatform permit the periodic polling of a POP3/IMAP based email account and the acceptance of data out of the body or an attachment of an email. To configure this Listener there are 6 tabs: Basic, Advanced, Transaction Logging, Credentials, Postprocess, Security and Scheduling.
1. Basic: This tab allows you to specify how often you would like to poll the email account as well as basic information about the protocol and the email server that you will be connecting to. You can add a subject and sender restriction if you would like. The Restart Listener allows you to restart listener automatically based on the period defined in the Restart Period field.
2. Advanced: You can choose to initialize this Listener only when it is triggered externally – select the port for the POP3/IMAP Server and choose whether to take data from the attachment of an email or body.
Initialize on trigger only: If enabled, the Listener doesn’t start up until a trigger initializes it.
Allow command-line invocation: If enabled, the Listener can be invoked using the CLI client application.
Restart on listening error: If enabled, the Listener will be restarted after an error occurs.
FIFO Queue Name: The FIFO stuff enables a “First In, First Out” queuing mechanism between Listeners and Transports. If a “FIFO Queue Name” is provided, that name will be used as a key for a queue Transactions & will be pushed into before reaching a transport. They’ll be ordered in this queue according to when the Listener created them.
FIFO Queue Delay: It is the interval between updates/checks against that queue. Providing a queue name guarantees that a given Transport sends transactions in the same order the Listener created them in.
SSL: If enabled, connection to mail server will be made using SSL. In most cases, the Port should be changed to 995 when this option is enabled.
Load Attachment(s): Load attachment (s) to the transaction attributes(s).
3. Transaction Logging – This tab allows us to enable transaction events logging. That data can be logged by a TransactionEventListener.
The Transaction Logging Enable checkbox allows transaction events originating from this listener to be logged by a TransactionEventListener.
Log Transaction Attribute – if enabled, logs transaction attributes.
Log Transaction Data – if enabled, logs transaction data body.
Log Transaction Data Base64 – if enabled, logs transaction data body as Base64.
Log All Attributes: if enable, no attributes will be filtered
Allowed Attributes: attributes which are allowed to be logged
4. Credentials: This tab allows you to enter the user name and password for connecting to the POP3/IMAP account.
5. Postprocess: This tab allows you to specify the behavior of the system after a email has been picked up.
6. Security: This tab allows you to enter security settings for message decryption and signature verification. Note that network paths are not evaluated in the eiConsole.
7. The Scheduling configuration tab allows you to specify the start times and end times for scheduled execution. In addition, you can specify days of the week or particular dates to exclude from scheduling. The Time Zone drop-down menu allows to specify the Time Zone that should be used for scheduling; by default, it is set to the Time Zone of the console during initial configuration.