The Serial Listener listens for data via a specified serial device.
Listener (Adapter) Configuration Drop-Down List
Basic Serial Listener Configuration Options
On the Basic tab, you can specify:
- Serial Port Descriptor – Serial/Comm port to listen for data on
- Baud Rate – baud rate of listening port
- Data Bits – number of data bits in received serial port event
- Stop Bits – stop bit configuration for serial port event. You can choose: 1 Bit, 1.5Bits, 2 Bits
- Parity – parity bit configuration for serial port event. You can choose: Odd Parity, Even Parity, Mark Parity, Space Parity
- Flow Control – flow control configuration for serial port event. You can choose: RTS Enabled, CTS Enabled, DSR Enabled, DTR Enabled, XONXOFF In Enabled, XONXOFF Out Enabled
- Listening Method – Available: reads data from port as it becomes available. Packet: reads data once packet size in bytes is reached. Message: reads data until receiving an end of message delimiter.
- Packet Size – size, in bytes, of received packets
Serial Listener Basic Configuration Options (top half of screen)
- Message Delimiter – the String that indicates the termination of a message during the Message Listening Method
- Message Delimiter Encoding – character encoding used when determining the end of the message delimiter
Serial Listener Basic Configuration Options (bottom half of screen)