HTTP Get Listener – URL and returns the HTTP response of that query as a transaction.
Select the HTTP Get Listener from the Listener Type drop-down.
This Listener has 5 tabs: Basic, Advanced, Transaction Logging, Authentication and Proxy Configuration.
1. Basic – in the Basic tab you can specify:
Request path: Specifies the HTTP path to request to.
Polling interval: How often the path is polling.
2. Advanced – in the Advanced tab you can specify:
Initialize on trigger only: If enabled, the Listener doesn’t start up until a trigger initializes it.
Allow command-line invocation: If enabled, the Listener can be invoked using the CLI client application.
Restart on listening error: If enabled, the Listener will be restarted after an error occurs.
FIFO Queue Name: The FIFO stuff enables a “First In, First Out” queuing mechanism between Listeners and Transports. If a “FIFO Queue Name” is provided, that name will be used as a key for a queue Transactions & will be pushed into before reaching a transport. They’ll be ordered in this queue according to when the Listener created them.
FIFO Queue Delay: It is the interval between updates/checks against that queue. Providing a queue name guarantees that a given Transport sends transactions in the same order the Listener created them in.
3. Transaction Logging – This tab allows us to enable transaction events logging. That data can be logged by a TransactionEventListener.
The Transaction Logging Enable checkbox allows transaction events originating from this listener to be logged by a TransactionEventListener.
Log Transaction Attribute – if enabled, logs transaction attributes.
Log Transaction Data – if enabled, logs transaction data body.
Log Transaction Data Base64 – if enabled, logs transaction data body as Base64.
4. Authentication: You can specify use Basic Authentication or not. If basic authentication is selected, you should specify a Username and Password. Authentication Realm is optional.
5. Proxy Configuration: If you use proxy, you can specify Proxy Host, Proxy Port, Proxy User and Proxy Password.