The AWS STS Role Token Retrieval Processor communicates with the AWS STS (Security Token Service) to assume a role and retrieve Token, Secret, and Access keys associated with said role. These are stored as transaction attributes.
Processor (Adapter) Configuration Drop-Down List
Select the AWS STS Role Token Retrieval tab and click on Add Processor.
Click on Add Processor
Basic AWS STS Role Token Retrieval Processor Configuration Options
On the Basic tab, you can set the following:
- Role ARN – The ARN of the Role the retrieved token is assigned
- Role Session Name – The name of the session tied to the generated credentials
- Token Duration (Seconds) – The duration, in seconds, that the credentials should remain valid
AWS STS Role Token Retrieval Processor Basic Configuration Options
Credentials AWS STS Role Token Retrieval Processor Configuration Options
On the Credentials tab, you can set the necessary credentials for the connection.
- Region – Specifies the AWS Region to connect to
- Use Credentials from – Specifies the method of getting the credentials. Note: The ‘No Credentials’ option will only allow access to public buckets.
- Access Key Id – Access Key Id for making calls to Amazon services
- Secret Key – Secret access key for making calls to Amazon services
- Session Token – The STS session token for making calls to Amazon services. If not using STS, leave it blank.
- AWS File Path – Specifies the file path where the AWS profile configuration file is located
- Profile Name – Specifies the name of a local configuration profile
AWS STS Role Token Retrieval Processor Credentials Configuration Options